Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yikes!

Our days in Riverside are rapidly coming to a close.  We finally got a moving date figured out, January 26, which I realized last night is a week from today.  Right now Micah and I are still working so I don't think it has really hit us yet, but my last day of work is tomorrow and his is Monday.  So I think all the chaos will start to become real very soon.  There is however a long list of random things we need to figure out or accomplish before we leave Riverside. Not to mention a lot of food we need to eat so that we don't have to throw it out! The biggest things are ridding the house of whatever we don't want to haul across the country, and getting everything that we're taking to South Carolina together so that they don't pack it. I am just so thankful that we don't have to pack everything up ourselves!!!!!!!
As chaotic as it's beginning to be, God has been faithfully reminding me to keep the right attitude throught it all.  We get to help some good friends out who recently got engaged by giving them our fridge and dishes. Not to mention we have been seriously blessed with a great first apartment that we weren't expecting, so I can't wait to see what else He has in mind!  But most importantly, everyone that is really hard to leave has been a huge blessing in our lives!  Great jobs with great people, amazing friends, an amazing church, and the coolest family possible!  We have never been void of laughs, support, encouragement, or challenge to grow.
But lately the thing I've been most thankful for though is my hubby!  I married an amazing man with a heart that wants to protect and defend. He is always selfless and looking after me.  He works so hard at whatever he does and truly just wants to help people. I couldn't be prouder of what he does or who he is.
I've been so thankful lately that God led me to focus on that, because that makes this whole process so much more of a joy.  If for no other reason I am moving because I want to support my husband because I'm proud of him.  I don't want to be some crazy lady freaking out because I don't know all the details.  I want to be the cool wife signed on for an insane road trip and then overseas adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment